Disciple Maker Training Sessions
Time & Location
About The Event
“The church changes the world not by making converts but by making disciples.”
- John Wesley
“Salvation is free, but discipleship costs everything we have.”
- Billy Graham
There could be no greater joy than bringing someone to faith in Christ Jesus. Helping them to understand who Christ is, what Christ has done and what Christ can and will do in their lives. To share the message of salvation and then pray with them as they are introduced to Jesus would have to be the most rewarding moment in the life of a disciple of Jesus.
God has called us, followers of Christ, to make disciples of ALL nations. Our call is not to just lead them to the cross and leave them there. Our call is to teach, mentor and disciple them in their new life with Jesus.
1. Working with the Team Leader / Pastor, you will enlist and train counselors / disciple makers who will assist those who come forward in a decision during the “50” event.
2. We will need many disciple makers before, and for the event. We never want to be found searching for people who will help to pray with someone who has come to make a decision for Christ.
3. You will work with other disciples in distributing all materials. Gospel cards and “Now What?” follow up booklets will be printed and ready for you to give out.
4. Your main responsibility before the event will be attending a training session(s). You will need to return and train your recruited disciple makers in this material. All materials will be the same and it is very important that we are all on the same page with our training. You will be provided with what you need at the training session.
5. During the “49 days” of visitation, work with the 49 day visitation team leader in organizing times where they will pray and canvas their community in an outreach effort to share the Gospel and invite others to the event. Encourage them to pray for their friends and to pray for the boldness and desire to share the Gospel of Jesus with them.
DISCIPLE MAKERS, YOU WILL BE THOSE WHO TRAIN BEFORE, REACH DURING AND DISCIPLE AFTER “THE 50”
Here is a link to our training session locations. View these to see which would be the closest for you to attend. CLICK HERE